In a village, there lived a kid who had always said “Water is very important”.
He saved lots of water when he was using it. Many years later, people started
to waste water but the kid didn’t. He tried to tell everyone to take care of
water but they didn’t care.
Then an idea struck him. He showed people responsible ways of saving water
like turning the tap off when brushing teeth. Still the people didn’t care. A
month later, on a cold frosty morning, the people of the village woke up and
discovered that there was no water! They had nothing to drink, to wash and
clean. People were very scared and worried so they approached that kid again.
The kid explained and reminded them that water was so important that
people needed to look after it.
Having no water for their daily activities convinced the people on what the kid
has always tried to teach them. The nest day little water appeared and as
month went by, the volume of water in the village also increased.
Then everyone shouted in joy “That’s why water is so important and we should
save water”. Travellers passing by the village also heard the commotion and as
they approached the villagers, they too were convinced on the importance of
Water is the most precious component needed for food and life. All human beings, animals and plants have a requirement of water. Thus, we need to conserve water resources. To conserve or decrease the polluting factors, we must be aware of the factors that lead to its deterioration
10 Ways to Save Water at Home
- 1) Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth.
- 2) Only run the washing machine and dishwasher when you have a full load.
- 3) Use a low flow shower head and faucet aerators.
- 4) Fix leaks.
- 5) Install a dual flush or low flow toilet or put a conversion kit on your existing toilet.
- 6) Don’t overwater your lawn or water during peak periods, and install rain sensors on irrigation systems.
- 7) Install a rain barrel for outdoor watering.
- 8) Plant a rain garden for catching stormwater runoff from your roof, driveway, and other hard surfaces.
- 9) Monitor your water usage on your water bill and ask your local government about a home water audit.
- 10) Share your knowledge about saving water through conservation and efficiency with your neighbors